Saturday, June 6, 2009

Big Ticket Versus Big Value

I'm a little bit confused. That's nothing unusual, but here is what I am confused about. This is a picture of an antique gas pump, okay? It is currently listed under the "Historical Memorabillia" category on Big Value Depot for a buy-it-now price of $5,700 with the bidding beginning at $5000. With me so far?



Next we have a Dinky Car Collection listed on Big Ticket Depot under the category of "Collectibles". Bidding starts at $349. Or, if you are in totally dire need of some dinky cars, you could get the whole shebang for a measly $400.




Now, I'm a firm believer of the notion that in these times of global warming no home is complete without an antique gas pump, and of course everybody wants a dinky car collection. However, from my understanding of the mind-set behind the launch of Big Ticket Depot, only big ticket items are supposedly to be listed within the corridors of Big Ticket Depot. That's why it's called "Big Ticket". Duh . . . .

Such big ticket items are defined as having a sticker price of at least $1K. Anything below that price is to be listed in, trumpets from the ramparts, Big Value Depot. Are you beginning to see the source of my confusion? If so, please leave a comment on this weblog posting and tell me what it is. I still don't really know. I guess that's because I'm confused.



Subscribe in Bloglines

No comments:

Post a Comment